Wikipedia

Search results

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Lesson at the Beach

While on vacation I have been afforded a great opportunity to reflect. No hurry, no worries, haven't got to be any particular place at a certain time, so I thought; Why not make the best of it? While drinking my morning coffee sitting on the balcony, no one up but me and the sea gulls, I had a chance to listen. I could not see the waves crashing on the shoreline but I could hear them. The stars in the sky were plentiful. As the night began turning into morning the view I had was perfect. I saw the beach covered with sand, I could see the horizon over the ocean, and I could see the waves. The smell of salt from the ocean was in the air. In a span of about a half an hour I was able to witness the pure, unadulterated beauty of a minute part of God's creation. WOW!

Question. What do the stars in the sky, the grains of sand on the beach, the horizon where the ocean meets the sky, the waves crashing on the seashore, and God's love have in common?

Answer. All of these things are immeasurable. We cannot count neither the stars nor the grains of sand. We can see the horizon but not the end of the ocean, and the waves crashing against the shore; well they are innumerable.

But God's love for us is even greater than all of these natural wonders.

Psalm 36:5-9 NIV

Your love, Lord , reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep. You, Lord , preserve both people and animals. How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.

Just a little reflection this morning from someone who woke up a little to early. God bless and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment