Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Worry Doubt, and Fear...Weapons of Spiritual Warfare


Psst! Hey, yeah you. You know that test that you have coming up tomorrow? Your not going to pass, its way to complicated for your simple mind. What about that job interview? Man, you don't even need to waste the trip there. The economy is tough in this day and age, and there will be a lot of folks there smarter than you. Face it, dude, you didn't even finish school. Mortgage is due, final notice arrived in the mail today from the utility company telling you that the disconnect is next week. Get use to it; I have made your life a struggle from Day 1, and trust me it will only get worse. Hear that? Its the Devil speaking! He is hoping beyond all hope that you will believe this nonsense. Even if you believe a small inkling of this venomous diatribe, he's got something to work with. The seed of doubt has been planted if you give this a second thought. We all have our personal day to day struggles, but maybe this blog will shine a light on dealing with them, and with the Almighty's help, OVERCOME THEM!

I am learning that we cannot defeat the enemy ourselves. We have a divine Father who does not want His children to suffer. Jesus told the disciples in    Matthew 6:25-34    25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ? 28 "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. The devil wants us to worry, doubt, and fear because if we concentrate on these things we lose focus on a greater calling; to follow Jesus, and lead others to Jesus (discipleship)- what we are all called to do.

Reading this your probably thinking, "Great, just another blog telling me how good Jesus is, how we can rely on Him in all situations, and then throwing a couple of scriptures my way just to comfort me. This person writing this don't know my situation, has not walked in my shoes, and can't help me with my problems."  Hold on, though, don't write me off just yet. Your right, I don't have a clue as to what is happening in your world, and I can't solve any pressing financial issues that you may be having; trust me I'm struggling in that area as I am writing this. But, I can let you know that I believe what the bible says. I believe every word is the Word of God. I know the Devil can place a thought in our minds (worry) that if allowed to grow can fester and create (doubt) leading us further into second-guessing our purpose creating a disabling (fear) that takes control of our every waking moment.

Don't let this happen. Yes, there are times when we don't know what tomorrow will bring, we don't know if the house note will be paid on time, don't understand "why" if we are trying to live Christ-like, trying to be generous with our time, treasures, and talent that things in this life are not as comfortable as we would like them to be. Right there with you, brothers and sisters. We need to understand that things in this life are complicated. God gave us free will when He created us. With that comes the ability to choose. I will be the first to say that I have made bad choices, but I will not let them define my life. Our God is a mighty God! There is nothing that He cannot and will not do for His children. There is a battle going on with us spiritually, and WORRY, DOUBT, AND FEAR are just some of the tools that Satan will try and defeat us with. I was watching a sermon the other night from Pastor Steven Furtick of Elevation Church in North Carolina and he was preaching on David and Goliath. Something he said really caught my attention, and has become a favorite saying of mine. When the Devil comes at you accusing, trying to bring you down, belittling you, telling you all the things you can't do; the steps you take are real simple at this point. You just have to "Learn to Turn." Turn away from your accuser, turn away from the negativity. The Devil has no authority in your life cause you have a Divine Father in Heaven who loves and cares for you. There is no other, God is in charge. If we give Satan no power; He has no power. God will bridge the gap in our lives. When we feel that there is no way out, just "Learn to Turn." Don't stop here though, when you do turn make sure its in the direction of God with your eyes set on Heaven and inner peace will prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment